Search Accommodation
Compare prices to get the best rates

Unicorn Brewery Cellars

Unicorn Brewery Cellars
The Unicorn Brewery was built in 1873 and consisted of a tall malting tower, offices, cooper's workshop, steam engine and boiler to operate the pumps, and manager's residence.

The cellars were excavated and completed in 1873. Due to new licensing laws, introduced at the turn of the century, the Brewery closed in 1902 and the buildings demolished for their stone in 1911.

The cellars, storeroom, manager's residence and walls of the brewery block still remain, and have seen recent restoration work carried out in stage one of the project.

Entrance to the Unicorn Brewery Cellars is included in the Burra Heritage Passport, available from the Burra Visitor Information Centre, 2 Market Square, Burra. Can be opened with a key anytime when on the Burra Heritage Passport.




Bridge Terrace, Burra, SA, AU




Sign up for special offers

* indicates required
Special
Offers