Search Accommodation
Compare prices to get the best rates




Browse Clare Valley Historical Sites and Heritage Locations By Area



Anlaby Station
Kapunda
Anlaby is one of Australia's great homesteads and one of the first grand rural properties of South Australia. Settled in 1839 by Frederick Dutton, it reached its heyday in the Edwardian era when it also hosted the Prince of Wales.
Read More
Categories: Farming, Food and Produce; Historical Sites and Heritage Locations; Landmarks and Buildings; Parks and Gardens;
Balaklava Courthouse Gallery
Balaklava
The historic old courthouse at Balaklava, built in 1913 and converted into an art gallery and separate gift shop, is managed entirely by community volunteers. Varied exhibitions lasting six weeks range from paintings and sculptures to quilting and craftwork. Exhibition space is free to artists. A popular attraction is the Balco Art Price held in July/August each year with associated prizes up to the value of AUD3000.00. The shop is stocked with locally hand-crafted gifts.
Read More
Categories: Galleries, Museums and Collections; Historical Sites and Heritage Locations; Shopping;
Balaklava Museum Centenary Hall
Balaklava
Centenary Hall is one of two sites operated by Balaklava Museum Incorporated. It was built in 1878 and has a colourful history, having been occupied by the Church of Christ, Druids and Rechabite Lodges, schools, a kindergarten and the Lutheran church. It was also used for town band and choral society practice, before being purchased by the local branch of the National Trust in 1975.
Read More
Categories: Galleries, Museums and Collections; Historical Sites and Heritage Locations; Landmarks and Buildings;
Bon Accord Mine Complex
Burra
The Bon Accord Mine Complex is owned and administered by the National Trust, Burra, and is concerned with preserving, studying and exhibiting items that help in illustrating and explaining the story of the Burra area.
Read More
Categories: Galleries, Museums and Collections; Historical Sites and Heritage Locations; Landmarks and Buildings; Mining and Industry;
Bungaree Station
Clare
In its heyday, Bungaree was like a small village with its beautiful sandstone Woolshed, Shearers Quarters, Stable Yard, Station Store, Managers House, staff cottages and even the District Council Chambers and a Church.
Read More
Categories: Farming, Food and Produce; Historical Sites and Heritage Locations; Landmarks and Buildings; Parks and Gardens;
Burra Heritage Passport
Burra
Discover and explore the historic township of Burra with the Burra Heritage Passport. The passport gives you entry to the Burra Mine including dressing tower and lookout, police lockup and stables, Redruth Gaol, Hampton, power magazine, brewery cellars, miners
Read More
Categories: Historical Sites and Heritage Locations;
Burra Mine Site
Burra
Enjoy a self-drive tour or walk through the Burra Mine Site, a South Australian State heritage area. The open-air museum contains remains of the mining operations, recreating the exciting atmosphere of the monster mine.
Read More
Categories: Galleries, Museums and Collections; Historical Sites and Heritage Locations; Mining and Industry;
Eudunda Family Heritage Gallery
Eudunda
The Eudunda Family Heritage Gallery is a large complex, which incorporates an old 1880's renovated cottage, displaying material relating to the history of the town and some of the townsfolk, memorabilia, maps, council records and research area. We are more than happy to supply brochures on the town and local area for self guided walks and self guided drives
Read More
Categories: Historical Sites and Heritage Locations; Landmarks and Buildings;
Hampton
Burra
This was an English style township, a private township named after an assayer at the Smelting Works, Edward Hampton. It contained 30 simple miners' cottages and a Bible Christian Chapel. Much of the stone quarried there was used in many of Burra's fine old buildings. The township was abandoned finally in 1960.
Read More
Categories: Historical Sites and Heritage Locations;
John Horrocks Cottage
Penwortham
John Horrocks Cottage at Penwortham in the Clare Valley, South Australia, was built in 1839 by pioneer and explorer John Ainsworth Horrocks; one of the first white men to take up land in the area. He founded and named the village of Penwortham after his home in Lancashire, England.
Read More
Categories: Galleries, Museums and Collections; Historical Sites and Heritage Locations;



Sign up for special offers

* indicates required
Special
Offers